|This is one of the famous Blue-eyed Dolls. It is recorded
that she was sent to the ceremony that took place on May 27, 1927, to commemorate
the founding of Yotsuya Elementary School. The doll's name is Mimi, and there is a small seal
pasted to the sole of one of her shoes where "119" can be read.
During the war she was kept safely as one of only 216 dolls that remain in Japan.
This is an English translation of a portion of a Japanese web page.
Return to American
Blue-eyed Dolls - Individual Dolls
| 1927 Doll Exchange
| Japanese Friendship Dolls | American